This is the Assignment. Read Carefully and prepare.
Subject : SQA and Project Management
Assignment : 1
Lecturer : Zainudin Johari
Date Release : 1 November 2007
Dead Line : 15 December 2007
You are a Systems Engineer for a Software House called “Systems Solutions Sdn. Bhd.”. Your company have been selected and trusted to build hospital information systems for a hospital which will be known as “Hospital Serdang International”. At the moment you have only 3 programmers and 1 senior program analyst. They are also currently involved in another project, which will be expected to complete in December 2007.
You are required to play a leading role in developing the system based on the latest state-of-the-art systems technology and therefore applying the most modern methodology for the treatment of patients.
The system is fully integrated, providing a user-friendly interface to perform all hospital functions covering medical/clinical, financial, treasury and administrative/ management modules. The information system is capable of producing all sorts of clinical reports, patient data, financial reports and treasury functions. Moreover, it also has the flexibility for developing and producing tailor-made reports on an as-and-when required basis.
The system you are about to undertake will be developed and implemented module by module. Please refer to the list below for the modules that have been planned. You are required to select any 2 (two ) sub-modules from each Main Modules but the sub modules with the asterisk is mandatory Eg. From the Clinical Modules , you must select Patient Registration(*) , and may select Patient Scheduling.
- Patient Registration (*)
- Patient Scheduling (Appointments)
- Patient Financial Assessment
- Patient Order Entry
- Nuclear Medicine
- Inpatient Admission & Discharge
- Medical Records
- General Ledger (*)
- Accounts Payable / Receivables
- Fixed Assets
- Human Resource Management (*)
- Marketing Management
- Inventory Management
- Library Management
- System Security
You are required to conduct an interview to recruit new staff to fulfill the company objectives in completing this project, which is considered top priority. The “HSI” project is estimated to cost RM 15 million and will take duration of 2+1 years to complete.
1. Introduction about your company profile which includes address, name of company, board of directors, history of project ( at least 3 ) and others you think is beneficial that should be included in your profile. ( 10 marks )
2. Select the Module accordingly. Define that module very clearly for the purpose of explaining to your Steering Committee and the Board of Directors. ( 10 marks )
3. Advertise on paper regarding the recruitment. Show the complete layout of the advertisement, which includes address, contacts, telephone number and dead line.
( 10 marks )
4. Plan to Conduct an Interview. Which should includes :
Date, venue of interview, Number of candidates, potential candidates names with qualifications and targeted tasks, Prepare question to ask interviewee during interview, prepare interviewer panel, prepare result and selection.
( 20 marks )
5. Summarize and comments. ( 5 marks )
6. Cost estimation for both
The interview sessions
( 25 marks )
- Draw a GANTT Chart to schedule the entire project.
(5 marks )
8. References ( 5 marks )
9. Overall Presentation, Layout and Professionalism (10 marks )
Any special finding you have investigated worth mentioning should be added to give your report an extra edge. You are also encouraged to add in pictures of the relevant categories that you could acquire either from the Net or newspapers cuttings. You could also include the advantaged and disadvantages of each category where it is applicable.
All assignments should be submitted in a formal assignment format such as Introduction, Body, Conclusion, Appendix etc.
Group assignment. Maximum 2 members in each group. You can also do it individually too.
All assignment work should be substantially your own
Working closely with someone else on a non-group assignment is considered cheating. Cheating or plagiarism will result in zero marks for the assignment, and may result in failing the subject or worse
All assignments must be A4 papers and bound firmly in the Project Report Cover clearly stated proper identification.